192.168.1.1 is an IP address used by many routers like Linksys and other routers use the IP address 192.168 1.1 and the IP 192.168.1.1 admin has an access point or a gateway to login admin information and make some personal configuration depending on the router’s configuration available to users such as change of username and change of password.
Gateway companies like Linksys, NetGear, TP-Link, D-Link, Asus and many other set up an account for individual router’s admin user to be able to alter their router’s default configuration to personalize it depending on the administrator’s need.
The gateway companies grant admins access to customize Security Options, Network Management, IP QoS, DNS, proxy, LAN, WAN, WLAN settings, DSL, ADSL, MAC, WPS block, and a lot more depending on the router’s available settings and configuration.
Find Router’s IP Address
The IP 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 are the common router’s IP address. However, if your Router’s IP address isn’t any of the above and it’s not the 192.168 ll IP address, then, you need to press further to find your router’s IP address in the article detailed here on how to find router’s IP address.
Login 192.168.1.1 ( 192.168 ll ) IP Address
If you are logging to your router for the first time, one of the above IP address will probably be your IP. If not, do not forget to visit “how to find a router’s IP address” we suggested.
The more reason you have to login 192.168 ll IP address on your router is to be able to change your username and password and perform some manual customization such as changing your router’s name etc.
- Open a browser and visit this IP address http://192.168.1.1 or type the IP 192.168.1.1 into your browser and click on the enter button to proceed to login interface.
- If the IP address returns an error message, then, check very well the IP address 192.168 1.1 is not the IP to your router.
- Your IP address may be 192.168 1.1, so, you have to make sure you get the right IP address and key it into your browser and click on go to access the control panel interface to access the login page.
- In some cases, you may see the IP address 192.168.0.1 login as the IP address you need to log in.
- Once you are on the login page enter your router’s default password and username if you have not changed it, else, enter the new password and username.
- Once you are logged in to your admin panel, there, you will be able to make some crucial change like changing your WiFi name
How to Use 192.168.1.1 IP Address
If you have any issue with your router’s IP address to connect to your admin control panel or your IP address is 192.1168.o.1 and you are unable to log in, you may need our assistance, kindly use the comment box to communicate us.
How to Change TPL-Link Router IP Address
Since users have control offer their router default gateway IP address then they can easily re-configure their router and change their IP address to the desired IP address. This often used to secure your router admin login from the bad guys from gaining unauthorized access to your router’s dashboard and take over your router. With the additional layers its added to your router, it also prevents DDoS attack.
- Log in to your router admin panel. In most cases, the IP address to use is either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. But if you have changed your IP address once, then, you need to use the particular IP address and the username and password to sign in to your admin panel.
- In your Admin dashboard navigate to Advanced settings > Network > LAN.
- Change the default IP address under the “Mac IP Address” to your desired IP address. If you are confused about the IP address to change to you can change to 192.168.1.2 IP address.
- Now, click on the “Save” button to the bottom right to make changes.
In most cases, when you change your router IP address you will be logged out and asked to re-log into your router admin dashboard with the new IP address.
How to Change IP Address on D-Link Router
D-Link is popular among routers and it gives users control over their router IP address. Therefore, to play smart and beat DDoS attack to your 192.168.1.1 IP address dashboard it’s better to alter the IP address to change it to what an attacker cannot think about.
- Log in to your D-Link router account with either the customer IP address 192.168. 0.1 or https://dlink.com.
- Navigate to “Setup >> Net settings.
- Change the router IP address from the default to the desired IP address.
- Leave other settings intact and click on the save changes.
Take note of the new IP address you changed to so that you can use it to sign in or log in to your admin control panel.
How to Change NetGear Default IP Address 192.168. 1.1 or 192.168. 0.1
Since you have got the option to change your NetGear default IP address 192.168.11 or 192.168.0.1 to a new IP address different from the official IP, then, we will consider a quick approach to that.
- Log in to your NetGear router with your login username and password using IP 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- Click on “Setup >> LAN setup under “Advanced” in the left pane.
- Under the device name find LAN TCP/IP Setup and edit the IP address. You can change it to your preferred IP address and you can also change it to 10.10.10.1.
- Click on “Apply” to save changes and you are done.
Do not use a random IP address. Use an IP address that you can remember so that you can easily use it to access your dashboard when the need arises.
Here are some IPs you will come across online.
- 192.1168 0.1
- 192.1168 1.1
- 192.168 1.1